Séquenceurs, VST, enregistrement...

Messagede katchum » Ven Fév 02, 2007 1:47 pm

If you ever want to create a piece out of scratch, you may want to get a computer do it for you.

Just choose some fragments of music and put them in your computer and he will make the music for you. I guess it's a notation program where you can input the notes, you can input some ideas of yours and the music comes itself. (I don't know) I can't imagine he would take mp3 samples, so you really need to write the score or some parts of it. I think it uses algorithms like no dissonants placed together or a tonal/kwint chord after every 4 measures.

http://arts.ucsc.edu/faculty/cope/experiments.htm

I listened to the Beethoven moonlight sonata (see: sonata movement (after Beethoven) on the mp3 page) and it sounds interesting you know. Chopin was wonderful too. These are played live I think, because I can hear the pedal. But the composition is made by a computer.

PS: this would certainly be a good instrument for the "Classical Remix" - noctaventure...
VGM and anime music forever!

Classement 2024 : 7ème(7ème)
Participations 2024 : 0(48)

Messagede Setzer » Ven Juin 08, 2007 4:57 pm

I only read this post now, and the musical examples seem no longer to be available...

It seem very interesting actualy ! If you could learn how is this software operating, I'm sure you would get a huge composition background, and a lot of new composition methods...

... Is there any paper that explains how it works ?
Admin

Classement 2024 : 6ème(5ème)
Participations 2024 : 0(45)

Messagede katchum » Sam Juin 09, 2007 3:18 pm

No Setzer, the mp3's are still there. Listen to it, it sounds like a very good composed piece. Congratulations to the computer!
VGM and anime music forever!

Classement 2024 : 7ème(7ème)
Participations 2024 : 0(48)

Retourner vers M.A.O. : matériel & logiciel